Monday, September 15, 2008

Interesting Weekend

With the coverage of Ike, football, church members in hospitals it was a busy weekend. I was suppose to host a baby shower at my home Saturday, but the baby has other plans and came early so the shower has been postponed. Congrats Brian and Minna!

This weekend was also the big rivalry game in the Dear Family - MSU vs Auburn. True Dear family style and by an agreement we watch the game in separate rooms and now separate floors. There was nailbitting, heart racing, and frustration. It was not a pretty game if anyone saw it as can be attested to by the score AU 3 - MSU 2. As Boomama commented "the game has aged me". All I can saw about the game as it was ugly!

My favorite thing that made me laugh and still does every time I see it is Geraldo getting knocked over by a wave on national TV. In case you missed it. Here it is.



The aftermath of Hurricane Ike reached us last night. It was VERY windy with gusts up to 60 mph. We only had power in part of our church last night and had our service "unplugged". It was a pretty cool service. We had the Lord's Supper service and it took me back to what it may have been like if Jesus was doing it Himself. We did loose a tree at the church and as I write this post electricity is still out there and to much our county. Thankfully we have power, but I think it is due to the fact that our power it run underground. I am also thankful we had no damage to our home or family. Most of the schools are out today because of downed trees and do not know when power will be back on.

Everyone have a good week! LATER PEEPS!

1 comment:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Wow...I had no idea that Ike had impacted you guys...glad you are ok!

On that video...the first time i saw it, i almost shot sweet tea out my nose from laughing! He is just too much!