Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Thanks hubby for a wonderful birthday present - I LOVE YOU!!
Can you tell it is 18 degrees and we are freezing?
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? BOTH, you can never have enough trees
3. When do you put up the tree? as soon as I can get hubby to help bring everything up from basement
4. When do you take the tree down? around first of the year
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, especially with ice cream
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a walking doll(i still have that doll) and stereo
7. Hardest person to buy for? parents and hubby
8. Easiest person to buy for? the girls
9. Do you have a nativity scene? many, but my favorite is my willow tree one
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mostly mail but I do hand out some
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? ask my husband
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping? never stop
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no comment
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? fudge and pecan pie
16. Lights on the tree? all white but color ones on the girl's tree
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'll be home for Christmas
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel on the family tree but big bows on the others
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? traffic
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? the ornaments I have collected from different places around the country we have visited. i have ornaments from CA to NY to Mexico to Canada
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? HoneyBaked ham (unless hubby cooks a turkey or prime rib) and sweet potato casserole
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? fun time with family and friends plus my hubby has already given me my present (more on that later)
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? women
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? my husband
If your name is Susanne, Ashley, or Amanda you have been memed, and it is your turn.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
All I know is the gov't will take care of everything. Who do you want gov't bailout or Jesus Christ the leader of all taking care of you?
John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
This was not the seen at our house last night.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Monday, November 03, 2008
Here's hoping this will truly happen tomorrow.
Friday, October 31, 2008
This is my favorite sign of the night.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Many pastor's today are under alot of pressure and are subject to the same moral failures as everyone in the world. Satan is working overtime to attack pastors and their families. He is wanting to attack the integrity of minister's and discredit everything minister's say and do. I amazed to learn about the amount of minister's who have a moral failures. It just shows that we are not immune to this, and how much you should pray for ministers everywhere.
Noel and I are praying and trying to everything we can do with God's help to protect his ministry, our marriage, and our girls. So if it may seem like an inconvenience to some - we are protecting our family.
Thank you church for letting us be gone for a few days, and thanks Beth for watching our girls! Also another bonus was getting to each lunch with some of our friends in AL and eating Mata's pizza.
Monday, September 15, 2008
This weekend was also the big rivalry game in the Dear Family - MSU vs Auburn. True Dear family style and by an agreement we watch the game in separate rooms and now separate floors. There was nailbitting, heart racing, and frustration. It was not a pretty game if anyone saw it as can be attested to by the score AU 3 - MSU 2. As Boomama commented "the game has aged me". All I can saw about the game as it was ugly!
My favorite thing that made me laugh and still does every time I see it is Geraldo getting knocked over by a wave on national TV. In case you missed it. Here it is.
The aftermath of Hurricane Ike reached us last night. It was VERY windy with gusts up to 60 mph. We only had power in part of our church last night and had our service "unplugged". It was a pretty cool service. We had the Lord's Supper service and it took me back to what it may have been like if Jesus was doing it Himself. We did loose a tree at the church and as I write this post electricity is still out there and to much our county. Thankfully we have power, but I think it is due to the fact that our power it run underground. I am also thankful we had no damage to our home or family. Most of the schools are out today because of downed trees and do not know when power will be back on.
Everyone have a good week! LATER PEEPS!
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
If you happen to have caught GameDay today you may have seen an interview with Tim Tebow from Florida, all I can say is WOW! What God is doing with him, and what he wants to do for God is truly amazing. He is not afraid to go anywhere to share the Good News of Jesus. If you can find that video it is incredible.
I almost forgot - very happy with the pick for republican vp - Go Sarah Go!! Yea for mom everywhere!!
Well I must get back to football - GO DAWGS!!! and WAR EAGLE!!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was pregnant with my oldest (scary) child living in MS. We were still serving in our first church together, and we may have been talking with the church in AL at this time. I was also suffering from carpel tunnel while pregnant.
chips and salsa and/or cheese dip
apple dippers from mc donalds
anything with chocolate
To Do List
1.clean and organize school room
2.help clean Emily's room - losing battle I know
3.mop kitchen floor
4.finish calling piano students
5. too many other things to think of
Jobs I Have Had
babysitter, student worker job in the Forest Products Lab (very boring and bad job), student worker in the VP for Research office (great job), piano teacher, church pianist, secretary, file clerk, photographer, and the best MOM!
Places I Have Lived
various place in Mississippi, Louisiana, California, Alabama, Ohio
biting my nails, procrastination
5 Random Things People May Not Know
1. I won 3 piano awards in college.
2. I camped out for Garth Brooks tickets
3. I originally want to be an architect - wow can God change your life!
4. I have played on Horowitz's piano (fyi: he was very famous pianist and I have a picture to prove it)
5. I won a coffee maker on the TV show Home and Family that was on the Family Channel. I called in and my voice was on the TV for knowing the answer "Dennis Rodman". I don't remember what the question was.
CDs I would want if stranded on an island
Third Day, Casting Crowns, Travis Cottrell, or any upbeat Christian musicWhat I’d Do if I Were a Billionaire
give to the church and missions, payoff house and school loans, buy a house and boat for hubby at the beach of his choosing, take mom on dream vacation, put money back for girls education, random acts of giving money to people who would not expect it, and TRAVEL.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
First night we went we enjoyed a stunt show. It was exciting, but when you have seen the stunt show spectacular as Disneyworld it pales in comparison. We did find though delicious corn dogs and fried cheese on a stick.
Last night hubs was wanting another delicious corn dog from the fair so we decided to go again. It was the truck and tractor pull night. Oh, my it is some high class entertainment. Granted it was fun to see the the tractor would make it far, see the smoke billowing out it, and to decrease your hearing all at the same time. I knew it was going to be loud, but not THAT loud. It was fun, but enjoyed looking at the people that were there. If you like to people watch go to a local fair.
We also enjoyed looking at animals. Where else can you enjoy entertainment like a tractor pull mixed with the smell of fried food and manure. I joke and kid but we really had fun. Go support your local fair and eat some corndogs. I am just sorry I did not take my camera to catch all the action.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
I have filled out a complaint online before, but never received a reply back. I am wondering if I should even bother again. What has happened to customer service. I am not sure if I will visit this restaurant again, maybe in another city. Thank you for listening to my complaint.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Here are some highlights of the trip:
- 3 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
- hours sitting on the beach doing nothing.
- finishing a book
- wonderful seafood
- being awaken with grande sugar free vanilla latte - thanks hubby
- boat trip - girls favorite
- finding some AWESOME deals shopping and shopping in general
- trying to beat hubs in wii pool
- found our new fav wii game - Big Beach Games
- watching 4th of July fireworks on the beach
- hermit crabs
- seeing the new American Girl movie - Kit Kittredge. (by the way this is a very good movie and we highly recommend seeing)
As you can see we had a great time, but now back to life. I will try to post pics later.
Monday, June 16, 2008
- I have a pinched nerve in my back so that limits how long I can sit without being in pain.
- Had strep throat - YUCK!!
- Thankfully made it to the girls dance recital, even though I think I still had a fever. They did a great job. Hubs was wonderful during that week - taking care of me, shuffling the girls to their practices, and still working.
- The youngest had a birthday.
- School has sorta come to an end. We still have a few things left to do.
- Attended the SBC convention and took the girls this time. They loved their conference.
- Getting ready for the beach!
- Working on VBS.
The best thing that has happened is that our oldest shared her faith with a friend at church last night. The girl comes occasionally to church, and she wanted to know more about Jesus. I am proud that she was bold enough and knew what verses to share. I asked her what she used - John 3:16 and Romans 3:23. She used the Bible to show the verses, but she did get Pastor Wally to help her. God is going to using her in a mighty way already at the age of 9. I am thankful for her boldness and willingness to do it. I wish I had her boldness.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Today hubby and I were presented with a word today that I figured out before he did. The little one was IMing him (because you know we are a techno savvy family) and received this message. We all had a great laugh and when you look at it - it does make sense. It is a phrase we here often at our home from hubby. Let us see if you can figure it out.
- What is the skejwill
Friday, May 23, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
Friday, May 09, 2008
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
- Diagnosis virus and pinkeye. - $$$
- Medicine for pinkeye and warts on leg(didn't get that filled - wow at the price) - $$ ($$$ if I purchased the wart medicine)
- Trying to get eye drops in your oldest who is worried it will hurt and is already complaining before I get the bottle open - PRICELESS. Really for what I paid will the dr. come do it for me?
Will someone come bathe my home in Purell?
Saturday, May 03, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
You know you're from Ohio if...
- You don't think of Florida first when someone mentions Miami.
- You snicker when someone's from Tiffin, because you think of the State Hospital.
- You think Pro football teams are supposed to wear orange!
- You've heard of 3.2% beer. Schools close for the state basketball tournament. Deer season, too.
- You're proud of your state fair, but would rather go to Cedar Point.
- You know all the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter, and Construction.
- You live less than 30 miles from some college or university.
- You know what a buckeye really is, and have a recipe for candy ones.
- "Toward the lake" means "north" and "toward the river" means "south."
- You've heard of the Great Nickel Beer Night Riot.
- You know if other Ohioians are from southern or northern Ohio as soon as they open their mouths.
- You root for a college team though you've never taken a class there.
- You can spell words like Cuyahoga, Olentangy, Bellefontaine,and Tuscarawas *(Wapakoneta?) and you know which letter is doubled in "Cincinnati."
- You always visit more than two amusement parks in one summer.
- You know that Serpent Mounds were not made by snakes.
- You know what game they're playing when the Mud Hens take on the Clippers.
- "Vacation" means spending a day at Cedar Point or King's Island.
- You measure distance in minutes.
- Down south to you means Kentucky.
- Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
- Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
- You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way.
- You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
- You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.
- You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
- You carry jumper cables in your car.
- You know what pop is.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
- You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightie.
- The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.
- You think that deer season is a national holiday.
- You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
- You thought that the Michael Stanley Band was the most popular band in the country.
- You actually understand these jokes then forward 'em to all your OH friends!!
So are you from Ohio?
Friday, April 11, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Did anyone else here this?
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
It was a lovely trip except for the rain on Friday. Since it was raining we decided to put our rental car to good use. It was a fabulous car that we will never own unless it is very used. Thanks for the free upgrade Enterprise! We walked around Boston on our first day and then the rainy day we drove to Cape Cod. We had planned to go to Martha's Vineyard, but found out the lifestyle of people on the island and decided that we didn't care to see all that. Second option, Nantucket, but no - too much to put that car on the ferry. So, we drove to the tip of the cape. We tried to see the Kennedy Compound in Hyannisport, but were afraid to be attacked by some rogue family member. Seeing these seaside villages was very neat and to know some of these homes have been around for a LONG time. It was pretty cool seeing the Cape rainy and foggy.
Many of you may be wondering about the food - New England Clam Chowder - #1 - I may never be able to eat it at Red Lobster's again. Fresh crab cake - Mmmm Good!
Here are a few pics. Enjoy!
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Here are a few pics from the day
Don't all news people have peanut butter with the news.
Monday, March 31, 2008
This week will be busy with our trip to Athens with the girls. You can listen to Hannah and the other children's books 10:30-11:30 a.m. on http://www.woub.org/ AM radio on Wednesday. She is excited. Then hubby and I head out of town for a couple of days. I think it will be a nice break before things really kick into high gear, with things such as Global Focus, parties, recitals, and various other adventures.
Everyone have a good week. Stay dry!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
We are just proud parents!!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
If you are a first time visitor to my site and have no idea what I am talking about, or would like to know about my Lord click here or go to our church's website or contact my hubby. It is one decision that will change the rest of your life.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
This is the view out our front door. You can see the deep ruts in the snow. No one was getting out this early.
Remember the plants in the above picture. Here they are after the shoveling. Sorry Greg, I hope they will survive.
Here are Hannah and Emily standing next to the mail box on a snow bank. No, our mailbox is not that short, it is the snow bank that tall.
Hubby wanted everyone to know how deep the snow was he had been shoveling. Ask him how much the snowed weighed on the deck. It was ALOT of snow!!! I did help not just take pictures.
Thankfully in the afternoon the snowplow came and the entire street cheered them on. After they came thru it allow some good sledding on the street. We did have one snow bank we shoveled come up to my thigh. Did I say we had ALOT of snow?
Friday, March 07, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
- Awana Grand Prix - this was Hannah first adventure into the world or making a car to race it. I let hubs take over in this area except I did help in the naming of the car. She was soooo excited about this, and little did we know how excited when it became actual race day. I was thankful hubby was able to be there. It was originally the week before when he was out of town, but thanks to a "little" snow it was postponed til this past week. I had to rotate between Emily racing her Hot Wheels car in Sparkys and the BIG ONE. Sadly I think I missed Emily's little race. Hannah car - THE BEDDAR CHEDDAR - performed well. It came in 2nd and 3rd in all its races. The one thing she most wanted was the Novelty Award. There were 3 divisions in which you could win something -- the actual race, car design, and novelty car. Guess what - she won 1st in novelty. Oh you should have seen her face. You would have thought Ed McMahon had shown up and given her a giant check. Hubby just want everyone to be afraid for next year. We will give Jim Prater a run for his money.
- UPWARD Basketball - one word for you OVER!!!! It was a good year with great coaches. Hannah is learning some good fundamentals of the game. She had a great last game with 6 points. Emily made 3 baskets this entire season and SADLY I missed everyone of them because of the trasporting Hannah to her games. THANK YOU Hubby for taping her score in the last game.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
I have looked at some of the pictures and can't wait to hear all the stories.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Oh the joy what is coming our way!! I'll take a grande mocha frappaccino light!