Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meeting The Pioneer Woman

I almost missed it.  I almost missed getting to meet Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman.  Thanks to twitter, I was able to find out she was in Columbus today.  I have been following her blog for several years now. I enjoy seeing a glimpse into her life and especially her recipes.  Her favorite of mine and others who have tried them is her cinnamon rolls.  I do have her cookbook.  I also use her Photoshop actions for many of my photos.  We have several things in common such as photography, cooking, and home schooling.  The only difference her husband herds cattle, mine - "sheep".

I was one of the 300 or so people who waited to meet her today at a book signing along with my daughter and friends Rochelle and Amy.  It was a little long, but to me worth it.  My daughter said it was amazing. I hoped she liked the cupcakes I gave her.

Emily with Ree
Emily taking her book up to Ree. She wanted to do it herself, and even had her ipod touch to the other guy could take her pictures.  She was precious. Ree even guess correctly how old she was

 Rochelle and Ree
Emily, Ree, and myself - I just hope I did sound like a babbling idiot.

(Thanks to the people who helped me with Hannah today so I could to meet Ree. I so appreciate it!!!! )

No comments: