For the past couple of weeks I have been meditating and praying through Psalm 119. It is the longest chapter in the Bible, but oh the nuggets and jewels found in this passage. My hubby mentioned in one of his sermons that William Wilberforce memorized this entire chapter and would recite it everyday. While I am not sure I could memorize all of it, but I cannot start my day without it. I have chosen not to let people and circumstance steal my joy. If you need encouragement - READ THIS CHAPTER!!
Here are just a few jewels I have found:
- Ps 119:1-2 Joyful are people of integrity,who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts.
- Ps 119:29 - Keep me from lying to myself: give me the privilege of knowing your instructions
- Ps 119:35 - Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found.
- Ps 119:37 - Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word.
- Ps 119: 58 - With all my heart I want your blessings. Be merciful as you promised.
- Ps 119:92 - If your instructions hadn't sustained me with joy, I would have died in my misery.
- Ps 119:114 - You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope