Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

This my 9th year of getting to enjoy being a mom. I know my oldest is not 9 yet but is was in March of 1998 that we got the wonderful news that I was going to mom. It was a day that my dear hubby and I could not believe had finally arrived, to get to hear the words, "you're pregnant!". The years leading up to that moment were very hard with many tears and prayers wondering if I would ever get to hear those words. It was very hard to enjoy Mother's Day wondering if i would ever be a mom.

Every year I say a pray for those women who want to be moms, but for some reason it has not happened. It is important to remember these women, because this day is hard for them. They may still have their mom and celebrate her, but in their heart they are longing for someone to call them "MOM".

I am so thankful I am a mom. I am thankful for 2 little girls who brought me breakfast in bed and like me being their mom. I just pray I will be the example to my girls my mom was to me - to love God with all your heart and trust Him for everything.

So, Happy Mother's Day to my mom and thank you for all you have done for me. I love you. Also Happy Mother's Day and thank you to Rita for raising a wonderful son who chose me.
Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a mom!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Beautiful post.