Friday, June 15, 2007

Can I click my heels and be home now?

We are finally back home. We had a wonderful time in San Antonio. We enjoyed walking and riding on the Riverwalk, Mexican food, Texas BBQ and seafood, and did I say Mexican food? We enjoy Mexican food, but I do think I got my fill of it this week.

It has been nice to get away with my dear hubby this week and enjoy talking without kids interrupting you. The convention was good and it is always fun to see Baptists get into heated business. Each year for the minister's wives they have a lunch. For the 3 yr I was a table hostess. It is nothing fancy. You just basically get into the event earlier. This year was nice because Dennis Swanberg was the one of the speakers. The lunch was good and was nice to meet other minister wives from across the country.

We were able to take in some of the sights of new and old San Antonio. We saw the Alamo of course, but we then decided to drive the Mission Trail. It was very interesting to see the old mission churches and learn a little history behind them.

As you may have read in earlier posts our flight to TX was interesting why shouldn't the flight home not be as well. We arrived early enough and were going to be on the way home. They announced that the flight was overbooked and were looking for volunteers to take a later flight. We decided to look into it and see how late it would put us and where we would have to fly to. I was already not looking forward to flying for 3 hours in the middle set, so I was just hoping for a little better. The agent was able to find actually a better flight that would get in 1 minute earlier (or so we thought) and we would connect thru Kansas City and not Detroit. So we went for it. We were flying Midwest Air which we found out hands out warm chocolate chip cookies on flights after 10am. Well, our flight was delayed 20 minutes so there went our 1 minute lead and then the pilot announced that due to bad weather we would have to zigzag around them pushing a 1 1/2 hour flight to 2 hours. We only had a 20 minute layover in KC but we found out that we didn't have to disembark because our plan we continuing onto Columbus. Our luggage beat us. It was on our old flight. But I will say we did get compensated for the change. We are happy to be back home with our girls.

I will hoping to post pics from our trip and pics from the girls recital soon. I am just trying to catch up on sleep, so if there are typos I am sorry.

No comments: